Indie Challenge won't stick

Home Forums Site Support Indie Challenge won't stick

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Erin Zarro Erin Zarro 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Erin Zarro
    Erin Zarro
    Participant

I’m new here, and I’m trying to set up my challenges. I want to participate in the Indie Challenge. I click on the box that says “yes” and nothing happens. I guess it’s supposed to give me the option to update? And it won’t stay red when I go to a different page. How do you make it stick?

Thanks,
    Erin

Profile photo of NPhoenix
    NPhoenix
    Participant

Hi Erin! Welcome to WG! I’m sorry it took so long for someone to get back to you.

I just went over and fiddled with it myself, to see what it does for me.

When I clicked yes, it brought up a text box with an update option, like you noticed, leaving the page would unclick the yes box. So I tried putting in a number and hitting update. When I did that, the whole Indi option disappeared from that list. and when I went over to the ‘My challenges’ tab, it showed up over there. SO it seems you need to type in a number in the update box after hitting yes or it won’t bring stick it over to your challenges tab. (it’s 3am as I’m typing this, so I apologize if it doesn’t make sense)

See if that helps, if not, let me know, I’ll send a holler over to Jam (she’s currently in the middle of a move)

Erin Zarro
    Participant

Hi NPHoenix,

Thanks for getting back to me! My issue is actually that no update box appears at all. 🙁 So there’s no way to input numbers or anything.

NPhoenix
    Participant

Oh duh, you said that in your original post. I’m sorry (this is what I get for trying to be helpful at midnight :P) . Okay, I passed the message on to Jam, and we’ll get it figured out for you.

Profile photo of J.A. Marlow
    J.A. Marlow
    Participant

I just took a look at your account and right now it looks like you haven’t opted to participate in the Indie Challenge. No challenges at all show up under the “My Challenges” tab.

When looking at the Challenges, go to the “Word/Count-Based Challenges” tab. If you have opted into the challenge then you will not see it there (you will see it under “My Challenges” instead). If you do see it there, then check the “Yes” box next to “Participate?” just under the challenge name.

Let us know if you have any issues! 🙂

Profile photo of J.A. Marlow
    J.A. Marlow
    Participant

Okay, maybe I misread, too.

So, just after you choose “Yes” next to a challenge an update box isn’t appearing below it? If so, what browser are you using?

Erin Zarro
    Participant

J.A., that is correct. I am using Google Chrome.

Thanks, NPhoenix!

NPhoenix
    Participant

The servers have been a bit glitchy, so I’ve been having trouble getting the site to cooperate. Sorry for the delay. Uhm, have you tried accessing the site using a different browser? hmmm I wonder if clearing the cookies might help. *MY* chrome usually updates itself…

**peers at J.A.** Ideas?

Erin Zarro
    Participant

NPhoenix, I tried Explorer just now and the same thing happened. 🙁

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar